Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering
The objectives of the program are :
- Utilize appropriate engineering design methods and tools that are principal to work beneficially within their professions & communities.
- Possess effective teamwork and leadership skills and commit to the standard of profession and ethical practice.
- Continuously develop oneself to meet the evolving demands and increasing responsibilities of a successful career, to benefit the organization and society.
At the end of the program, graduates will have these following competencies :
- An ability to apply mathematics, science, and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve industrial engineering problems.
- An ability to function in multi-disciplinary teams
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities
- An ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to determine impact of Industrial Engineering in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- A knowledge of contemporary issues
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for industrial engineering practice
Last updated :