Integrated Industrial Engineering laboratory (IIE Lab) provides computer lab dedicated to support the scholarly atmosphere for IE students. The available computers are connected to internet and basic Microsoft Office software are installed. In addition, the following Industrial Engineering discipline software are equipped in all computers in the IIE Lab:
- A completely integrated package which includes a powerful language for expressing optimization models, a full featured environment for building and editing problems, and a set of fast built-in solver. LINDO is a software package for global optimization and commonly used to create optimization models. This software is used for the D0744: Deterministic Optimization course.
2. ARENA 14.7
- A simulation software commonly used to model processes in various industry (manufacture, service, and logistic). ARENA can indicated many incidents happen in process such as bottle neck, peak hour, inefficiency line balancing, defect product, etc in complex systems or processes. ARENA provides user-friendly interface and animation to facilitate visualization in simulation process. This sofware is used in the D0174: System Simulation and Modeling course.
3. Minitab 17
- Statistical software package designed for easy interactive use and suited for instructional applications. Minitab™ was created to provide an easy way to compute statistical data, and it’s often used in conjunction with the implementation of Six Sigma. As Minitab provides various quality tools, this software is used to enhance the knowledge of the user in the implementation of statistical theorem, such as in statistical process control. There are several courses apply this software thoroughly, such as D1074: Applied Statistics and D1324: Quality Engineering.
- Software for modeling and solving large and complex models. It provides a high-level language for the compact and representation models. GAMS designed from ideas to merge database theory and mathematical programming to suit need strategic modelers. The GAMS model representation is in a form that can be easily read by people and by computers. This means that the GAMS program itself is the documentation of the model, and that the separate description required in the past (which was a burden to maintain, and which was seldom up-to-date) is no longer needed.
- A language and environment for statistical computing and graphics. R can be considered as a different implementation of S language. There are some important differences, but much code written for S runs unaltered under R. R provides a wide variety of statistical (linear and nonlinear modeling, classical statistical tests, time-series analysis, classification, clustering, etc.) and graphical techniques, and is highly extensible. The S language is often the vehicle of choice for research in statistical methodology, and R provides an Open Source route to participation in that activity. One of R’s strengths is the ease with which well-designed publication-quality plots can be produced, including mathematical symbols and formulae where needed. Great care has been taken over the defaults for the minor design choices in graphics, but the user retains full control. Students taking D1334: Stochastic Processes course utilize this software as part of the course material.
6. Autodesk Inventor Professional 2016
- An easy-to-use set of tools for 3D mechanical design, documentation, and product simulation which enables users to produce accurate 3D models to aid in designing, visualizing and simulating products before they are built. Autodesk Inventor Professional is featured for advanced mechanical engineering design, finite element analysis, motion simulation, data management, routed system and mold design, as well as enhanced CAD productivity. Digital Prototyping with Autodesk Inventor Professional helps you design and validate your products before they are built to deliver better products, reduce development costs, and get to market faster. Autodesk Inventor Professional software can be used for Windows or for Mac. The following two courses use this software as part of the learning plan, D1044: Technical Drawing and D1126: Manufacturing Processes.
7. AutoCAD 2016
- The main capabilities of this software are to produce 2D and 3D design and documentation. For the design it can create and visualize 3D designs with advanced free-form tools, and for the documentation it can generate precise 3D construction‐ready documentation. Also for the visualization AutoCAD is equipped with presentation-ready graphics to communicate design ideas. AutoCAD software features include an updated modern interface that improves the design process and productivity enhancements that help speed your workflow. AutoCAD software can be used for Windows or for Mac. The following courses use this software as part of the learning plan, D1044: Technical Drawing and D1126: Manufacturing Processes.
8. ErgoFellow 3.0
- An ergonomic software commonly used to evaluate, workplace condition, reduce occupational risks, and it’s productivity. The software has 17 ergonomic tools such as: NIOSH (Revised Lifting Equation), OWAS (Ovako Working Posture Analyzing System), RULA (Rapid Upper Limb Assessment), REBA (Rapid Entire Body Assessment), Suzanne Rodgers, Moore and Garg (Strain Index), Discomfort Questionnaire, QEC (Quick Exposure Check), Lehmann, Image Analysis, Video Analysis, Anthropometry, Calculation of Force, PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), Heat Stress, Noise Exposure (OSHA), and Typing Evaluation. The following course use this software as part of the learning plan is D1084: Human-Integrated Systems.
9. VIP-PLANOPT 10
- PLANTOPT (Floor-PLAN Layout OPTimization) represents a general purpose layout optimization algorithm. VIP-PLANTOPT (Visually Interface Package of PLANOPT) can help us and to propose optimal layouts for small, medium and large-sized problems involving “modules” of unequal area. The term module implies a functional unit like department, machine, rooms, cells or spaces. The optimization calculated based on euclidean concepts to provide minimal flow between modules. The following course use this software as part of the learning plan is D1232: Facility Planning (LA41) and D1174: Dynamic Service Facility Design.
Last updated :