About Industrial Engineering Program
Industrial Engineering is a branch of engineering that engages in the study of how to describe, evaluate, design, modify, control, and improve the performance of integrated systems of people, materials, and technology, viewed over time and within their relevant context. Industrial engineering is unique in its blend of fundamental topics in mathematics, physical and engineering sciences knowledge with the principles and methods of engineering analysis and design. This field identifies human being as central contributors to the inherent complexity of such systems. Globalization has opened up more doors for service industries worldwide, which leads to an increased demand for industrial engineers. The Industrial Engineering curriculum at BINUS UNIVERSITY is structured to adapt the movement of globalization and tailored to the needs of the globalized world.
The study program emphasizes the application of engineering fundamentals with a balanced treatment of theory, design, and experience. Computer applications are integrated throughout the curriculum. Industrial Engineering department allows flexibility to its students to study certain topics in breadth and depth by offering three tracks: Supply Chain Engineering, Service Systems Engineering, and Manufacturing Systems Engineering.
Some of the core courses require the students to not only having a full grasp of the theoretical aspects but also on how to implement them in a time study analysis. The Industrial Engineering facilities are well-equipped in the areas of engineering graphics, industrial engineering systems design, and human performance. The laboratories are available for students to use during their study are but not limited to: Physics Lab, Manufacturing Process Lab, Technical Drawing Lab, Simulation Lab, Work Design, and Ergonomics Lab.
The most prestigious and dynamic Industrial Engineering school in Indonesia by producing globally accepted graduates.
The mission of Industrial Engineering Department are to:
- Providing a solid educational experience through the diffusion and integration of knowledge of Industrial Engineering, and services to industries.
- Educating students from a diverse background in the fundamental skills, knowledge and practice of Industrial Engineering in order to prepare them for a position in global industries and continue for advanced degrees in Industrial Engineering or related disciplines.
- Providing research and professional services to streamline and optimize operations which contribute to the enhancement of the quality of life.
- Acknowledging all talents that positively contribute to the quality of life of Indonesians and the international community.
The objectives of the program are:
- Utilize appropriate engineering design methods and tools that are principal to work beneficially within their professions & communities.
- Possess effective teamwork and leadership skills and commit to the standard of profession and ethical practice.
- Continuously develop oneself to meet the evolving demands and increasing responsibilities of a successful career, to benefit the organization and society.
After completing the study, graduates are:
- Able to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics;
- Able to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors;
- Able to communicate effectively with a range of audiences;
- Able to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts;
- Able to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives;
- Able to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions;
- Able to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Prospective Career of the Graduates
Industrial engineers are employed in manufacturing and service industries. The type of works industrial engineers are doing are but not limited to:
- Manufacturing Industry: Inventory Management, Logistics, Operation Management, Production Management, and Warehousing.
- Research and Development: Data Analysis, Environmental Protection and Preservation, and Human Factors Engineering.
- Service Industry: Client Management, Commercial Banking and Real Estate, Financial Consulting, Health Systems, and Human Resource Consulting.
- Business and Management: Business Strategy, Investment Banking, Management Analysis, Project Management, and Business Development.
- Education: Teaching and Research, consulting.
- Information Technology: Computer Integration, Database Design, Telecommunication, and Web Development.